Are you looking for the best airbrush compressor for spray painting? Are you confused about what to look for while buying an airbrush compressor? Or do you want to buy a new airbrush compressor because your old one fails to give expected results?
Well, luckily you have landed at the right place. In order to get an answer of all your confusions, read our article. There is no need to waste hours selecting the best airbrush compressor anymore. Our list contains the top 3 best airbrush compressors. It will be wise to consider it before spending money. You might like our other article about The 8 Best Airbrush for Cake Decorating.
If you are one of those who do not know what is airbrushing, then we will help in understanding it. Airbrushing is an art of using compressors and airbrushes. Airbrush is a tool, which is used to spray paints, dyes, and inks on the canvas paper. It also works on other surfaces in addition to canvas paper (e.g., car airbrushing). It works like spray painting (which uses compressed paint cans), but with extra fine results. An airbrush is not capable of extended airbrushing, as it can’t supply continuous air. But a combination of the airbrush with compressor makes it work. In the following paragraphs, we will study about the airbrush buyer’s guide and top 3 airbrush compressors.
Guide for Buying Best Airbrush Compressor For Spray Painting
One of the most popular types of equipment that are needed for airbrushing is an airbrush compressor. A compressor act as a power source for airbrushes which makes them so valuable. Their importance is the sole reason behind their high price. You should keep this in mind before making a decision.
If you are looking for the best airbrush compressors, then you should consider certain aspects of the device and the art. It is important for you to get familiar with the basics of art and types of equipment before spending money on anything.
It will be wise to consider the power output of any compressor before making a purchase. Power output is the only thing that determines the running time, controls, and uses of an airbrush compressor. On average an airbrush compressor consumes about 150-200 watts of power. These numbers tell us that how expensive a compressor is while running.
Another essential factor that you must keep in mind is the tank capacity, which depends upon the type of compressor. Although some compressors do not need a tank to work, most of them do. The running time of an airbrush compressor depends entirely upon its capacity, as it determines the amount of power it can carry.
It is favorable to measure the capacity of an airbrush compressor in meters, but other measurements are also available. The Greater capacity of the airbrush compressor leads to the increased weight of the device. IF you do not want a heavy airbrush compressor, which is good for transporting, then you should go for low capacity.
Most of the airbrush compressors have an auto-stop function. If the compressor is left without supervision or it reaches a certain pressure point, then an auto-stop feature is triggered. This feature functions to save your money and energy. It is specifically designed to maintain the quality of your airbrush compressor.
We have listed the top 3 compressor airbrushes to give you a head start. Their pros and cons have been mentioned in detail to clear your doubts.
1. MASTER G22 Multi-purpose Airbrush Kit With Airbrush Depot Compressor
When it comes to top-notch products at affordable rates, Master company one step ahead to any other company. It is well known for being the biggest online retailer for airbrush accessories and kits. Various shapes and sizes for different units are their specialties. It also has a larger collection of airbrush compressors. We will discuss only one airbrush kit in our review i.e., Master G22 multi-purpose airbrush kit.
Master G22 airbrush is a multi-purpose airbrush. It comes with adjustable pieces, just like high-end brands. This is beneficial because if one of your parts is ruined, you can order small kits instead of spending money on a new airbrush compressor.
It is one of the top-rated products for most beginners. No matter whether you want an airbrush kit for makeup, furniture or painting this will prove to be the best product for you. The different and unique features make it one of the top-rated products.
This efficient and top-notch unit has a compressor, which gives extra robustness for extended painting. The air compressor is Model TC-20. This powerful unit can give 25 liters of air capacity per minute. This air capacity is enough for doing any sort of work. In order to enjoy 15-40 pascals of air pressure, all you have to do is to connect it with 120V or higher power source.
Small O rings are present to center the needle properly. Their primary purpose is to connect the nozzle with the body. The double-action trigger is also adjustable. It is grooved to give extra grip and traction. Moreover, the kit comes with three different brushes instead of one. A range of different brushes allows you to select one that fits your requirements.
This is one of the most extensive kits so far in the industry of airbrushes and compressors. A complete guide book and an operating manual are present in the kit to save its customers for trouble in the future.
The complete kit contains a set of 24 best Airbrush paint colors and a color mixing wheel. You will get another set of cleaning kit free with this kit. The cleaning kit includes a cleaning solution and a mini jar with a universal airbrush holder.
The narrow 0.3 mm nozzle allows you to paint details and corners, which otherwise can’t be painted. It must be covered with its cap; else it will be exposed to damage.
Unlike other airbrushes, the air compressor has an automatic on-off switch.
Although other high end and much expensive air compressors can give acceptable results. But no one is comparable to master G22 in this affordable price range.
- The power of G22 is greater than many expensive and high-end compressors.
- The needle is really narrow. It allows you to cover minor detains with greater efficiency.
- It is a high-quality product at an affordable price.
- It is compact, and lightweight, this allows you to carry and handle it easily.
- Most of its adjustable components are made up of rubber materials. So, you can’t use a reducer as it will destroy rubber components.
- Although it has its own cleaning kit, it is difficult tricky to clean brushes.
- The needle is not exactly self-centered. You have to handle it with care to make it work.
- Sometimes paint jam in the nozzle, you have to be hard on the trigger to extract paint. This may result in blotches as nozzles can spit paint occasionally.
- This product is not long-lasting.
- O-ring is useless when it comes to keeping the needle in place.
- There is no way to adjust the needle with the rear cup.
2. Iwata-Medea Studio Series Power Jet Pro Double Piston Air Compressor
Another famous brand that is reliable for giving quality airbrush kits is Iwata. Although their products can be used for multitasking, they are specifically designed for handling crafty paintings and stuff related to art. They have been making efforts to give unique and reliable products to their loyal customers for years. Within a few years, they have released one of the top air compressors.
The Iwata-Medea Studio series power Jet Pro is an example of their success and quality. When it comes to multitasking, there is a lot to love in these air compressors.
Just like master G22, it has a 1/6 HP motor that can generate 70 pascals of air pressure. In addition to generating this much air pressure, it maintains this pressure for minutes to allow you smooth painting.
Although its structure is compact, it has a big built-in air tank that can store 0.5 gallons of air. The continuous pressure due to a large tank allows you to keep going without interrupting while painting without any pause or hurdles. If you are tired of interruption while painting, then this is the best product for you as its large capacity gives it an extra edge.
Moreover, Iwata-Medea makes sure to supply all the necessary products in order to get you started. A complete manual and guide are present in the box which will explain your entire question about the adjustments and setup. A power wire and required hose hookups also come with the complete set. You can purchase other accessories to make further additions.
- Adjustable parts are easy to attach and detach.
- To allow precise adjustments, dual air regulators are present.
- Twin pressure filters that have built-in moisture filters that make them easy to maintain.
- They have a compact and lightweight design.
- It is suitable for beginners, but not for experts.
- Although it is supposed to be multitasking, it sometimes fails for larger projects.
- It expensive as compared to other air compressors
- Seventy pascals of pressure is pretty good, but at this price, most people expect something extra.
- It is hard to see the adjustments, especially when it is mounted on the lower ground.
3. Master Airbrush Model TC-40T Airbrush Air Compressor
Master is a well-known manufacturing company which is specialized in making mini and compatible air compressor. It is well known for making noise-free professional air compressors. Despite their affordable prices, their products are of top quality. One of its top-rated products is Master Airbrush Model TC-40T.
This airbrush compressor is not only for art and crafting. Due to its ability to run for hours, one can use it for serious and professional tasks. A large air storage tank is present in this compressor that allows it to run for hours without pulsation.
This compressor is a masterpiece which is an outcome of advanced and modern technology. A single-piston air compressor which has its own cooling fan makes it unique. The best thing about this product is its reliability and top quality. In order to give further assurance, the company offers five years warranty of Master Airbrush Model TC-420.
Everything you need to start using this compressor comes with the packing. So, you need not run to the hardware store. A pressure regulator and two holders also come with a single-piston air compressor. Other things included in this package are six braided air hose with two holders, a single gauge and a water trap filler.
The power and strength of this Master Airbrush are also not bad. It can deliver airflow of 23 liters per minute, which means the strength of 1/6HP. Generating this much power has a chance of heating up the motor. But master Airbrush has a built-in cooling fan that protects it from overheating. It can generate a pressure of about 57 pascals.
Just like other products of Master, it is also compact and lightweight. It has an automatic on-off button. It works to its full capacity when in working condition, and turns off when needed. It’s auto thermal control allows it to turn off if it gets heat up.
Another cool thing about this air compressor is that it is noise-free. It produces no sound at all. There is no other air-compressor in the market that is quieter than this motor.
- Master Airbrush Model TC-40T is noise-free. It produces absolutely no sound.
- It is lightweight and easy to carry due to its built-in handle
- Large air storage tank makes sure to give a constant supply of air
- It supplies a high air volume.
- It is a high maintenance air compressor. You cannot just leave it after purchasing.
- Although it is compact and lightweight, try to avoid transporting it, as it can break during the way.
- Auto thermal control protects your motor from heating up. But if this feature stops working, then there is a high risk of its destruction.
- It is quite difficult to adjust.
Here are some other good choices that you should consider:
- Professional Master Airbrush Multi-Purpose Airbrushing System with 3 of Master Airbrushes best selling &...
- Master Airbrush Model TC-320 Cool Runner II superior performance powerful 1/5 hp single-piston compressor...
- 3 Types of Master Airbrushes: Model G22 dual-action with a 1/3 oz. gravity feed fluid cup and 0.2 mm tip,...
- Master Airbrush Models G22 and G25 are commonly used for: hobbies, crafts, auto graphics, temporary...
- Buy with confidence, if you're not satisfied with these airbrushes at anytime within the first year of...
- H Airbrush Package: This Package combines the Paasche H-SET single action airbrush, D500SR compressor and...
- D500SR Compressor: Compressor with regulator and auto shutoff
- Airbrush Cleaning Kit: 7-piece airbrush cleaning kit. Can be used to clean any airbrush
- H-Airbrush: This kit is great for beginners
- Paasche Airbrush: Made in the USA
- 1/5 HP piston compressor with tank
- Includes regulator with moisture trap
- Delivers 20-40 PSI depending on airbrush
- Quiet operation at 47 dbs
- Adapter for 1/8"BSP hoses
- Cooling down fan to reduce the air compressor temperature and extend the lifetime
- Maintenance free, oil-less & Piston，compact,portable and quiet (54db), Built in carry handle-light
- Autostart(3Bar)-Autostop(4Bar), Constant Air flow 20-23L/Min
- Pressure regulator with gauge, water trap and air filter,Pressure relief safety valve, Overheat protector
- Ideal for designers, modellers, artists, cake decorators, nail art and spray tanning
- Diaphragm compressor, never needs oil or lubrication, 1/6 horsepower
- Maximimum pressure of 57 PSI, On/off toggle switch
- Portable and lightweight, weighs only 8 pounds, operates one airbrush
- Suction cup feet reduces compressor movement, durable 6-foot cord with three prong plug