Click on the navigation bar below so you can jump to the section in which you are interested.
Best Lotos Plasma Cutter
Best Hobart Plasma Cutter
Best Hypertherm Plasma Cutter
Best Cheap/Affordable Plasma Cutters
Best MIG Welder
Best Cheap/Affordable Welder
Best TIG Welder
Best ARC Welder
Have you ever been in such a situation where you have lots of stuff to cut but you are not able to find the right kind of tool to do the job? Well, you need to take a look at the best plasma cutter for the money they are quite capable of cutting materials without any hassle from copper, stainless steel to aluminum, These can be a good combination in one’s toolbox.
More About Best Plasma Cutters
The most basic function of a plasma cutter is that it converts gas such as argon, oxygen, and nitrogen into plasma which is the 4th stage of matter for the cutting of metal. The information mentioned below is extremely important to get to understand the concept of how plasma cutters really work.
The first thing which is done is that in order to increase the speed of the gas, it is blown out through a tiny nozzle and then the high-velocity gas is passed through an electric arc. When the temperature is reached to the maximum, it changed the gas into plasma. This results in the formation of a heated torch which is capable enough to cut metals. The whole surface is occupied by the plasma which makes it extremely easy for the torch to do the cutting. Plasma cutting can be quite useful as compared to other methods because it rarely leaves out any debris and also saves up a lot of time.
Let Us Now Know The Differences Between Arc Welding, MIG Welding, And TIG Welding?
Depending upon the function of each, every welding process is quite different from each other.
In this process, an electrode is used to make the heat that is required. The electrode is covered with flux. When the flux is burned it makes gas cloud which gives protection to the weld and the electrode. Due to this electrode, you do not need to carry a gas cylinder as this electrode is quite enough to do the work. If you wish to switch from one electrode to another one, you just need to change the electrode and there you go. Only the current needs to be adjusted and that will be enough. Nowadays, there is a great variety in the market of electrodes, and so because this process does not require any heavy equipment, arc welding is quite cheap. The current is the power source for arc welding. When thin metals require welding, arc welding is done with extreme care.
This is known as the metal inert gas welding and it is used for high applications. In this process, electrodes are not used. Instead, a thin wire is used which comes from a spool of welding wire which melts and burns and which then fuses two metals together.
In MIG welding, there is a torch, which does not only give the filler wire but also gives the shielding gas. With the MIG welder, you will require not only the gas cylinder but also a wire feeder to cut the metals. This is the reason why MIG welding might not at all be portable like the Arc welder. Even then, the MIG welding process is much easier than Arc welding.
Stainless steel, MIG welder, aluminum and mild steel are the best materials that you can weld using the MIG welding process. MIG welding is quite capable of welding both thick and thin materials.
TIG welding is known as Tungsten inert gas welding and it is the shortest welding process. This is because since you would want to maintain the intensity of your arc you are given a foot pedal. This is very similar to the accelerator pedal of cars. With thinner metals where the intensity needs to be lessened you just need to then remove your foot from the pedal. For greater control, you should always use TIG welding.
The shielding gas in TIG welding is argon while the torch is the tungsten electrode. When welding, hold the arc with the electrode and keep a fair distance when welding.
Best Plasma Cutter For The Money Reviews
Best Lotos Plasma Cutter
1. Lotos Pilot Arc Plasma Cutter
This is a portable plasma cutter designed to do hard work for a good amount of time. It is a sturdy made plasma cutter and has a dual voltage feature for the satisfaction of its customers. The lotos pilot works on both 220 volts and on 110 volts. This makes it an ideal choice to be used for both home and professional use. Just a pigtail can help you to change from one voltage to the other one. If the pigtail is not available, the cutter will adjust itself. This might be a plus point especially if you live in Europe where all the voltage is 220 volts.
The pilot arc in this plasma cutter is extremely beneficial as it can cut metal even ½ inches of its thickness. If in case you are not happy with the thickness, you can make use of the MOSFET transistor. This makes high power input so metals can be easily cut then. This plasma cutter is fully automatic. You do not need to do a lot of hard work as it can do it by itself. It is a very lightweight and portable plasma cutter. Anyone can use this device without hesitating. The non-touch pilot feature in this plasma cutter is so efficient that it can cut material without even touching it. Air hose, ground clamp and some connections also come with this plasma cutter.
- Safe for long use
- Portable and extremely lightweight
- Dual voltage
- Durable and efficient
- Small air hose might be a problem
Best Hobart Plasma Cutter
2. Hobart Airforce Plasma Cutter
This is one of the best brands of the plasma cutter and this company is in this business since 1917 and just like the previous products this one is an amazing one as well. This plasma cutter is the ideal choice for anyone who does not wish to waste their time. From among the other series of plasma cutters, this one can cut the thickest of metals. The plasma cutter uses 240 volts of power input at 50 amperes.
The Hobart airforce plasma cutter is capable of cutting mild steel up to 5/8 inches of thickness and it works in such a speed that within a minute, it can cut almost 14 inches of steel. This plasma cutter is used to cut materials such as stainless steel, copper and aluminum. This is the perfect plasma cutter for even professionals. This plasma cutter is an improved version from 400i to 700i because of the ST40 torch. Because of the cable, this plasma cutter is more comfortable to use.
- Can be used for heavy work
- Capable of CNC
- Extremely low weight
- Can cut up to 5/8 inch of thickness
- Simple to operate
- The consumables which are required are expensive
Best Hypertherm Plasma Cutter
3. Hypertherm Powermax AIR Hand System
This is a portable and high performing plasma cutter that produces a great variety of cuts. This plasma cutter is best for those who want to make flawless cuts constantly. This plasma cutter is easy to carry anywhere, is lightweight and the lead along with it is fifteen feet long. This means, that it does not matter that where are you using it whether at home, on the road or even in a construction company you can set it up without wasting time. The boost conditioner is included in this plasma cutter which is an excellent feature as it does not let the work stop even when the voltage is fluctuating.
It can work on voltages of 120 to 240 volts which means it can work even when the voltage is no very good. This means, that if the voltage at your place or home is not well, which is very common it can even work with low voltages. For those customers who are using this plasma cutter for industrial use, using this plasma cutter at 240 volts produces amazing results. The electrodes which are fixed in this machine, make sure that they work four times more than the other parts. The users do not have to spend money on other replacements.
This plasma cutter is not only used as a cutter but is also used as a CNC production unit. It might take some time to get used to using this cutter but once you are used to it you are going to love it.
- Lightweight and portable
- Clean air and nitrogen is needed to perform the work
- Drag cutting technology
- Can work on 240 volts and 120 volts
- Might be difficult use for newcomers
Best Cheap/Affordable Plasma Cutter
4. AMP Plasma Cutter Cutting Machine
When you think of plasma cutters, the word cheap does not come in your mind because these machines are so flawless at cutting that you know that in order to get them, you have to spend a good amount of money. However, all thanks to the latest technology, and Chinese intervention in manufacturing, a few companies have started to make plasma cutters in a user-friendly budget which has good quality as well. Plasma cutters are one of them. The AMP plasma cutter cutting machine works on 50 amperes, and with the help of the sixty percent duty cycle, it helps those users who work for a longer period of time. Apart from its low price, this plasma cutter machine is also an ideal use for DIY lovers.
It all depends upon the requirements of the customer but this plasma cutter cutting machine works on both 100 and 220 volts. The digital display in the front makes it easy to start using it. This plasma cutter can be used on different materials namely copper, aluminum, steel and many more. Although, this machine is completely flawless its efficiency also depends upon the kind of material on which you are using this cutter. A clean material will give good results than the material which is not good. Also, the material with thicknesses ranging from 1 to 12 millimeters will give 85 percent accurate results when cut by this plasma cutting cutter. You need to keep the consumables cool and the switch in the front will help you to delay a few seconds. Since this plasma cutter is inexpensive and there is no chance of being burnt, it’s an excellent choice.
- Eighty-five percent efficiency
- Works on voltages of 110 and 220 volts
- Low-end plasma cutter
- IP21S protection
- Sixty percent of the duty cycle
- Not suitable at all for high-grade cutting
5. Zeny Plasma Cutter
From DIY customers to fabrications, the zeny plasma cutter can cut any material provided it has a thickness range of 1/2 “. This plasma cutter is lightweight and portable and so it is extremely easy to take it from one place to the other without any trouble. It is perfectly used when cutting metals and uses voltages of 110 or 220 volts. Like the previous cutter, the zeny plasma cutter also works on sixty percent cycle duty and works with an efficiency of 85 percent. This means that after you have used it for continuously six minutes, you need to wait for four minutes more to let it return back to the original efficiency. Zeny plasma cutter produces a current of 30 to 50 amperes which portrays its value for the money.
Apart from all this, the makers of this plasma cutter have also laid a lot of attention towards keeping this machine to be environmentally safe and hazard-free from customers. There are 5 insulation ratings, and zeny has a class f insulation rating. So it can be easily said, that customers can use this zeny plasma cutter quite safely. This plasma cutter is a very decent cutter and can be used at homes and as well is good for industrial use as well. You can also use it for professional work and for fabrications as well. Well, if you wish to stay in your budget and at the same time want a damage-free plasma cutter, then zeny plasma cutter is the best choice.
- Can work on voltages of 110 and 220 volts
- Works on class f insulation
- Works on 85 percent efficiency
- IP21S protection class
- Users have to buy the air hose by their own
Best Mig Welder
6. Hobart Handler Wire Welder
This welder comes from the famous brand Hobart which is for those customers who wish to weld many materials who have thicknesses of ¼ inch or less. This welder is made for welding smaller materials and it works on 115 volts and on 140 amperes which make it a useful household product. This welder has dual functionality because it does not only run the flex core but also operates the MIG process. For switching between the flux core to the MIG process, a gas hose and regulator are available. To perform this change, you can use the polarity changeover.
The five heat settings make the perfect welding as when welders are using the other four heat settings you can make the optimum choice. The total weight of this welder is only 65 pounds which means it is very easy to carry wherever you go.
- The voltage of 115 volts
- Built-in contractor
- Can switch between the flux core and the MIG welding
- The duty cycle of 20 percent
- Might consume a lot of resources
Best Affordable Welder
7. Forney Flux Core Welder
This welder is the perfect option and choice for those who wish to perform DIY projects. It is packed with some amazing features and is available at a very reasonable price which enables a lot of welders to buy this amazing welder machine. The first feature of this welder machine which is quite attractive is the gas set up of it. It is extremely suited for gasless flux core welding. Due to its gasless feature, it enables you to save up a lot of money which would be else wise used to buy a cylinder.
The packaging of the torch wrap makes it easy to put it and remove it. This welder is quite flexible and versatile because it accepts both 2lb and 10lb spools. This welder does not require a lot of maintenance because it has a very simple design. Its maintenance is only required between 4 to 6 months. Even in these months, all you need is to do just put aside the side panels and clean the dirt that has been gathered over there. Having said all this, it is also necessary to keep this mind that nothing comes without disadvantages and the major drawback of this welder machine is the short lengths of the wire feeder and the ground wires. You must think of these aspects if you want to buy this welder machine.
- Affordable and available at low price
- Does not require a lot of maintenance
- Very easy to use and set up
- Provides a lot of storage
- The workpiece ground wires and the wire feeder are extremely short
Best TIG Welder
8. EVERLAST Welder
Although this welder is not as cheap as the ones which are mentioned above, this everlast welder also has some amazing features to justify the price at which it is available. The first reason for it to have a hefty price tag is the consumption of energy that it does. However, if you do not have a power supply, or if you wish to consume less energy or if you wish to save up your money and want to avoid electricity bills this everlast welder will be quite useful for you.
This welder is easy to set and so are its controls. The digital display on it can be helpful for repeatability and for setting the current setting without any problem or stress. Even if you are a beginner, you will have no problem setting up this welder machine. This welder is also equipped with an auto sensor that is fixed inside it. It does not matter where will you connect it, due to the auto sensor, the welder will sense its maximum available amperage. This is also a dual voltage welder and it also has many advantages. For example, if you are using this welder at your home, you can plug in the 110 volts while if you are at a place where it requires high voltage such as a shop or office you can switch it to 220 volts and it can be quite useful for stainless steel of even mild steel.
- Energy efficient
- Very easy to set and operate
- Equipped with an auto sensor
- Dual voltage allows you to use it at 2 places with different voltages
- The duty cycle in the machine is not at all constant
Best Arc Welder
9. Amico Power DC Welding Machine
This welding machine is for those who are looking for a cheap welding machine. However, you should not think that Amico might have lowered its quality by lowering its price as well. This welding machine offers some good quality features. Firstly, this welding machine is small in size and the small size of it means that it is very portable and can be carried anywhere. It weighs only 18 lbs so you can easily carry it wherever you go and use it for a great variety of jobs.
This amico power welding machine is extremely flexible because it has a ten-foot-long cable, a work clamp and an electrode holder. This electrode holder makes it possible for you to use this welder without having to put in a lot of effort. If you have placed the welder on a flat surface, the holder which is on top of it will make it extremely easy for you to hold this welding machine in the right position. The LED meter on this welder machine is a great feature which enables the user to control the amperage of the welding machine in order to suit their needs. This welding machine is a great use for many applications such as if you wish to do light metal fabrication, home related stuff, maintenance work, repair work or any other kind of work, this welder will do the job for you.
- Does not overheat
- Equipped with an electrode holder
- Available at cheap price
- Equipped with a LED meter
- Lightweight and portable
- If you do not hold the electrode correctly it can fall or slip
Find out which are the best selling plasma cutters:
- ★ 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐥𝐲 𝐔𝐩𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐏𝐂𝐁 𝐛𝐨𝐚𝐫𝐝 &...
- ★ 𝐒𝐚𝐟𝐞 & 𝐚𝐭 𝐋𝐨𝐰 𝐂𝐨𝐬𝐭: Newly designed upgraded torch and...
- ★ 𝐄𝐚𝐬𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐩 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧 𝟏 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐭𝐞: The...
- ★ 𝐁𝐮𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞: We offer a 𝟑𝟎...
- ★ 𝐍𝐨𝐧-𝐓𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐏𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐀𝐫𝐜 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐦𝐚...
- ✤ Specifications:Digital Plasma Cutter, 110V/220V 50Amp cutting machine with IGBT inverter technology,...
- ✤ Cutting Thickness:220V,15-55Amps, Max Cutting Thickness 16mm, Clean cutting thickness...
- ✤ Easy to Operate:This plasma cutter with current display and air gauge fixed on panel, Easy read air...
- ✤ Applicable Cutting Materials:Pilot Arc Plasma Cutter easy to cut 16mm standard mild steel, 14mm...
- ✤Package Includes: CUT55DP Machine come with 1 × AG60P Cutting torch, 1 x 2 meters earth clamp, 1 x 2...
- CUT60 PILOT ARC 3 year warranty 7 day per week support in USA
- PT60 blowback cutting torch WITH EURO CENTRAL CONNECTION
- Blow-back start technology, Pilot Arc
- 60% duty cycle at 60amps, 110/220 with adapter
- Continuous Pilot Arc enables you to cut expanded, rusted, painted metals
- Dual-voltage capability with MVP (multi-voltage plug)- allows you to connect to common 120 or 240 V power...
- XT30R torch- Designed for increased comfort with an ergonomic trigger safety, more efficient cooling and...
- Fan-on-demand- cooling system operates only when needed reducing power consumption and contaminants drawn...
- Power factor correction (PFC) circuitry - Draws up to 30% less amperage for the same cutting range as...
- Postflow cooling circuit - Extends life of consumables and torch by cooling them with postflow air after...
- [NON-TOUCH PILOT ARC] Efficiently cuts though rough, painted, and rusty surfaces and produces minimal...
- [BUILT-IN POST FLOW] When you stop cutting, the air runs on for a minute to cool the consumable of the...
- [POWERFUL CUTTING ABILITY] 10-55 A DC output, 1/2”ideal clean cut and 3/4”maximum severance cut under...
- [LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE] Allows for connection to 110 or 220 volt receptacles without tools, Portable...
- [ADDED SAFETY] Certificated by ETL, Automatic compensation for voltage fluctuation, over current...
- 【Non-Touch FL-550】Cuts rough,painted,rusty surfaces efficiently but produces minimal slag.Cut without...
- 【Cutting Ability】10-50A dc output,1/2” ideal clean cut and 3/5'' maximum severance cut on 220V....
- 【Advanced IGBT Inverter】Save energy and noiseless, high cutting speed,cutting smoothly. The...
- 【Safe Design】Built-in over-heat,over-voltage protection,it is under-voltage protection.It is not only...
- 【Warranty Assurance】We are a manufactory with over 10 years' experience of professionals producing...
- THE ULTIMATE PLASMA CUTTER - When precision metalwork cuts matter. As one of our customers said, “It...
- MAKES THE PRECISION CUTS YOU NEED - With your Prime Weld Plasma Cutter, you can cut stainless steel,...
- TRULY PORTABLE - If you need a portable Plasma Cutter that makes moving from project to project a breeze...
- DESIGNED BY PROFESSIONALS - If you are serious about getting the job done, PRIMEWELD is a brand you can...
- 🔔plasma cutter features a high-frequency non-touch arc starting mode that extends the life of...
- 🔔automatic dual-voltage (110/220V), our plasma cutter is easy to use. Simply connect the matching...
- 🔔plasma cutter comes with a regulator and gauge installed in front of the panel, allowing you to read...
- 🔔plasma cutter features a post time function that allows you to adjust the cooling time of the torch...
- 🔔plasma cutter is equipped with a current display that allows you to choose the current to match the...
- Up to 1/2" recommended pierce and cut capacity with maximum sever of 1
- Built for portability and durability with the integral multi-handle design
- 40% Duty Cycle depending on application
- Automatic voltage Output detection from 110-240V and will automatically set the max Output. 27 amps for...
- Industry leading 4-year warranty on power supply and 1-year warranty on torch
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Country of Manifacturer: United States
- Manufacturer: Miller Electric