Anxiety can be a debilitating condition that makes it hard to focus on anything else. For some people, the physical sensation of anxiety can be just as overwhelming as the mental aspects. This is where fidget toys and other sensory objects come in. If you’re looking for ways to keep your hands busy to help ease your anxiety, here are some ideas. From fidget cubes to worry stones, there’s sure to be something that helps you.
Fidget toys are small objects that can be held in the hand and manipulated. They are often used to help people with anxiety or ADHD to focus and stay calm. There are many different types of fidget toys available, including:
– Balls: These can be squeezed or bounced in the hand to help release tension and improve focus. Stress balls are a great way to keep your hands busy for anxiety. They help to keep your mind off of your anxious thoughts and allow you to focus on something else. Additionally, they can help to reduce the amount of stress in your life.
– Spinners: These toys can be rotated or spun in the fingers. The act of spinning can help to soothe anxiety and promote concentration. Spinning tops are a type of fidget toy that has been used for centuries for this purpose.
– Rubber bands: These can be stretched or pulled apart to provide a similar calming effect as balls and spinners.
– Tangles: These consist of a series of interconnected rubber cords that can be twisted and turned in the hand. Tangles are also known to reduce stress and promote concentration.
There are many ways to keep your hands busy if you suffer from anxiety. One way is to play with putty. Putty is a type of dough that can be easily moldable and manipulated. It’s a great way to keep your hands busy and distracted from your anxious thoughts.
Putty can be easily found at any craft or hobby store. It comes in a variety of colors, so you can choose the one that appeals to you the most. It’s also relatively inexpensive, so it’s a great option if you’re looking for a low-cost way to occupy your hands.
To use putty, simply take some out of the container and start kneading it with your hands. You can roll it into a ball, flatten it out, or mold it into any shape you like. Once you’re done playing with it, simply put it back in the container and store it in a cool, dry place.
If you’re looking for a way to keep your hands busy and occupied, putty is a great option. It’s easy to find and relatively inexpensive, and it provides a great way to distract yourself from anxious thoughts.
Coloring is a great way to keep your hands busy and your mind occupied when you’re feeling anxious. It can be a therapeutic and calming activity that can help you relax and de-stress. Here are a few tips for how to get started with coloring:
- Choose a coloring book or page that appeals to you. There are many different kinds of coloring books available, so take some time to browse and find one that you’ll enjoy working on.
- Make sure you have the supplies you need. You’ll need some colored pencils, crayons, or markers, as well as a sharpener if you’re using pencils.
- Start by choosing one color and filling in an area with it. Then, move on to another color and continue filling in the design. Don’t worry about staying within the lines – just let your creativity flow!
- Take breaks as needed and color for as long as you like. If you start to feel overwhelmed or anxious, take a break and come back to it later when you’re feeling better.
- When you’re finished, step back and admire your work!
- If you’re feeling anxious, one of the best things you can do is keep your hands busy.
- That’s why we’ve compiled a list of x ways to keep your hands busy for anxiety.
- From fidget toys to coloring books, there’s sure to be something on this list that can help you calm down and cope with your anxiety.
- So take a look and see what might work for you!
Crocheting is a great way to keep your hands busy and your mind occupied. It can be very therapeutic and calming, and it’s a great way to express your creative side. If you’re looking for a new hobby to help alleviate some of your anxiety, consider giving crocheting a try. Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Choose the right yarn. There are different types of yarns available, so it’s important to choose one that suits your needs. If you’re looking for something that’s soft and calming, opt for a cotton or bamboo blend. If you want something that’s more challenging and stimulating, try using wool or acrylic yarns.
- Start with simple stitches. Don’t worry about getting too complicated at first – just focus on learning the basic stitches. Once you’ve mastered those, you can start working on more complex patterns.
- Take your time. Crocheting should be relaxing, so don’t feel like you have to rush through it. Take your time and enjoy the process; this will help reduce any stress or anxiety that you’re feeling.
- Practice regularly. The more you crochet, the better you’ll become at it (and the more enjoyable it will be). Practice makes perfect, so don’t be afraid to make mistakes – everyone does at first!
- Join a group or community online. There are lots of great online communities dedicated to crocheting. This is a great way to find new patterns, get tips and advice, and meet other like-minded people.
There are many different ways to keep your hands busy for anxiety. From fidget toys to coloring books, there’s sure to be something on this list that can help you calm down and cope with your anxiety. So take a look and see what might work for you!